A fundamental territory of today’s technological landscape is the growing usage of eCommerce as a primary sales channel. Many small retail businesses either ignore the importance of this or are not geared up to face the challenge. Retail Businesses need to understand that in today’s fast-paced environment, customers are looking for convenience to spend lesser time ‘window shopping’ and safety by not stepping out of their homes. Thus an ecommerce solution catalogue with prices helps.
But why do retail businesses ignore or are not able to successfully accomplish such an important aspect of the business?
Here are a few perceptions and myths
Let’s demystify these myths then. Here are a few pre-requisites that retail businesses need to answer or address before proceeding towards a Retail eCommerce website.
- Be specific of the business problem you are trying to solve
- Define the business and product line with precision
- Define the target group (TG), market segment and demographics well
- Understand the end customer’s expectation and focus on customer experience
- Inventory and supply-chain management
- Payment methods